After discovering flames next to his bed on Sunday morning and ensuring that his family of nine got out, a five-year-old kid is being hailed as a hero.
Noah Woods, 5, said to WSBTV, “I grabbed Lily up, got to the window with Lily, got the dog, and got out. It’s over now.
But he went above and above.
In the room that Noah and his sister Lily, 2, shared, an electrical fire started early on Sunday morning. He grabbed his sister and the family dog and sprinted to the window after realizing the danger.
Noah, Lily, and their dog reportedly escaped out the window, according to a GoFundMe put up to assist the family with bills. After ensuring their safety, Noah returned to wake up his uncle so they could continue assisting everyone else in fleeing.
On Tuesday, the Bartow County Fire Department tweeted, “Our hero!”.
Recently, 5-year-old Noah Woods awoke to discover his bedroom on fire. A window served as the only egress. He escaped the fire with his 2-year-old sister by jumping out the window, then returned inside to warn the rest of the family.
Fortunately, all nine family members escaped the house unharmed, save for a little burn on Noah’s wrist. Noah and four other family members received medical attention for minor burns and smoke inhalation. On Friday, he will be honored as an Honorary Bartow County Firefighter and receive a Lifesaving Award from BCFD Chief Dwayne Jamison.
“If it wasn’t for Noah, we were all asleep, so we wouldn’t have known what was going on,” David Woods, Noah’s grandfather, said. “We could’ve all lost our lives.”
Their home was destroyed, so the family must now start over. At least they will have their family members by their side as they rebuild.
David writes that we might not be here right now “had Noah not come along.”
I think Noah is a hero. You prevented death for your family. I’m sure your neighborhood will pitch in to assist you in redevelopment.
Find More Articles 👇 👇 👇